Oviedo City Councilmember, Group 1
Councilmember Teuchert – Elected in 2021
Natalie Teuchert (pronounced TOO-kuhrt) has lived in Oviedo for over 20 years and currently resides with her family of four in Alafaya Woods.
Natalie earned her Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering at the Florida State University and then returned to Oviedo to raise her family in the town she loves. She values the great sense of community, the phenomenal schools, and the feeling of home Oviedo offers.
What has Natalie been up to in 2022?
- Dug into every department into the city to determine where the needs are: Finance, HR, Public Works, Parks & Rec, Police, Fire, Development
- Called for a joint LPA and city council work session for the first time in several years
- Enhanced transparency at council meetings with staff summaries on screen for agenda items
- Ribbon cut our beautiful new Solary Park and Sweetwater Park
- Pushed for light replacement – kicked off in January
- Increased our support for public safety
- Assisted citizen to avoid rental scam
- Continuously pushes for transparency in what is being presented to citizens
- Advocated for healthy growth in our 2045 comprehensive plan – removed added density to the percolation ponds on Mitchell Hammock; pushed back against upzoning Mitchell Hammock
- Supported Oviedo’s first Pride Month Proclamation
Keeping campaign promises to:
- Enhance transparency in the city – more communication, easier to digest meetings with staff summaries, etc.
- Vet new builds
- Advocate for seniors
- Support Seminole County’s rural boundary
- Encourage citizen involvement – that is you! Come on out to our next meeting at city hall!
- Support our police and fire: Funded new fire trucks, funded police department update
- Help out our local nonprofits – volunteered at multiple HOPE Helps events, supported kickoff for Crimson Outreach
- Be available for the citizens – Responds to all emails/calls/etc. within 48 hours
- Bring attention to our underserved communities – funded paving for Boston Cemetery road, funded internet at Round Lake Park, active member of OCIA
- Crimson Outreach nonprofit kickoff event
- Oviedo Citizens in Action
- A FROZEN Tree Lighting Experience
- Great Day in the Country
- City Staff Appreciation Lunch
- MLK Prayer Breakfast
- Wreaths Across America
- HOPE Helps Christmas in the City
- City Board Appreciation Night
- Solary Park Grand Opening
- Alain Rahbari Day
- Bark and Brew at OOTP
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival
- Taste of Oviedo
- ION Neighborhood Cleanup
- The Great Florida 2022 Land Judging Competition
- Juneteenth Freedom Day at Round Lake Park
- Oviedo Forrest Community Park Celebration
- Oviedo Woman’s Club Scholarship Night
Nat in the News!
Natalie is capable of getting the job done.
Natalie is an experienced mechanical engineer. She knows how to interpret the codes and contracts and she is up to date on the Oviedo codes of ordinances which are in place to protect the future of our community. She has a Bachelors of Science Degree from the Florida State University. She is an industry expert, has presented at technical conferences around the country and has had articles published in leading trade magazines.